Overview: Delivering Quality from Research to Field Applications Qualiy Assurance Lab:
At SRMC, we understand that our product, concrete, is one of the most unique and versatile building materials in the world. It can assume virtually any shape and reach great strengths. Concrete is ideal for any building project such as residential homes, schools, high-rise buildings, bridges, dams, highways etc. Concrete is perishable in its plastic state and very “sensitive” from the time the raw materials are combined to the final product. Mixing, transportation, placing, and curing can influence its plastic and hardened properties. This is why SRMC places great emphasis on quality by expanding the parameters of its concrete quality management model from quality control to quality assurance.
- Documented Quality Management System – SRMC has a documented Quality Management System based on the guidelines of ACI 121.
- Corporate Quality Assurance (QA) Staff – The corporate QA staff consists of a team of NRMCA certified Concrete Technologists led by a Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Carefully Selected Raw Materials – It goes without saying that concrete quality starts with the raw materials. Our raw materials are selected based on their performance. Once in use, we constantly monitor each ingredient to ensure it meets specifications.
- Mix Design – Mix Designs are designed and tested thoroughly to yield optimal performance.
- Custom Mix Design – Available upon request.
- Concrete Laboratories – SRMC is committed to delivering quality concrete as specified. Each region is equipped with state-of-the-art concrete laboratory to monitor the quality of raw materials and the performance of mix designs to assure that concrete meets and exceeds specifications.
- In-House Testing – The constant in-house monitoring of our concrete performance through a regimented concrete sampling program.
- Process Control – With our quality management system comes process control. We have a thorough system of quality control in place at all of our plants. This helps us to identify, document and correct most problems before they reach the field. These procedures are also extended to the calibration and maintenance of all of our batching and testing equipment.
- In-House Training – We have a series of SRMC Training Modules which are offered to all appropriate personnel. We also encourage further certification to qualified personnel, such as ACI Level I /II certification.
- Contractors/Finishers Training – We offer Concrete Technology training to the end user upon request.
- Initial Project and Preconstruction Meetings – We offer and encourage this service to any customer to help facilitate communication among all parties involved.
- Research and Development – At SRMC, we are always testing and experimenting in order to bring you the latest in advanced concrete technologies that are suited to your local market’s raw materials, environment, and application.
We encourage you to call your local SRMC sales representative to take a plant and laboratory tour and meet the people who work hard as a team to ensure you have a quality concrete experience, from load to load.